Public Square Redevelopment
Public Square Completion Video - January 2022
- Rehabilitation of Harrison St. from Mechanic St. to Broadway St.
- Rehabilitation of Washington St. from Tompkins St. to the Public Square
- Sidewalk Rehabilitation and Replacement within public right-of-ways
- Streetscaping, Landscaping, and Street Lighting
- Complete Utility Infrastructure including storm, sanitary, and water mains
- Reconstruction and Reconfiguration of the Public Square
Genesis Property Development developed and managed the construction of Public Square Redevelopment Project in Shelbyville, IN. The vision for the project was to honor the downtowns rich architectural and historic foundation. While also creating a safe, vibrant, and inviting space within the Public Square to strengthen Shelbyville urban core and benefit the businesses located within the downtown. With emphasis on walk-ability and pedestrian safety in mind the project included public green space, event space, parking areas, and public walkways were all built using high quality materials such as limestone, granite, and brick decorative pavers. Throughout the course of the project there were a total of 55 semi loads of limestone delivered, 70,000 SF of brick pavers installed, restoration of the existing 100 year old granite fountain & solid brass statue displayed at the top of the fountain.